Quite a while back I watched one part of the series called "The Day Before" and I remembered being fascinated by fashion legend, Diane Von Furstenberg, her persona blew me away-so confident, alluring and also a brilliant business woman. Inventor of the wrap dress, Diane has seen her business soar in the 70's, crash in the 80's and also rise significantly with an impressive comeback.
One of my favourite things she has ever said has to be about her looks and not giving in to plastic surgery. Earlier this year, following a ski accident left her with a broken nose and fractured face, DVF said, "If I ever had any desire to have plastic surgery...I know for sure, I would not want it. I was so terrified that I would lose my old face," adding, "I don't want anybody else's face. I don't want a younger face. I just want my old face back." Don't cha just love her? At 64, she is still a total rock star.
DVF back in the 70's
Diane’s 10 Rules to Live by (from Elle Magazine)
- Trust yourself. “The secret to feeling attractive, and to being attractive, is the confidence that comes from knowing who you are and what you believe in.”
- Accept the passage of time. “The older you get, the more you should learn to love life and appreciate the beauty that comes with age.”
- Document your days. “Carry a camera and create an inspiring visual diary of your life.”
- Your suitcase symbolizes your life. “The best way to know a woman is to open her luggage. If she knows how to pack well, it means she understands , and cherishes, how to live a simplified life.”
- Fashionable friends. “Choose fashions that make you happy. I hope the clothes I design will become my clients’ best friends. That way, when they open their closets, they will always encounter someone special.”
- Dress your personality. “Always choose styles that also accentuate your personality. Don’t use fashion to try and project a different persona. Authenticity is key.”
- Use your feminine power. “My mother taught me that being a woman is a privilege because the world revolves around us! It is a precious gift, and its power should be used in a subtle and respectful way.”
- Your handbag is your guide. “Before leaving home, check your agenda and organize your bag according to what you have to do that day. Keeping everything in order makes life easier.”
- Indulge yourself. “If you are like me, and don’t want to resort to Botox, book regular massages. I’m sure it helps to keep everything firm and in it’s place!”
- Lead a balanced life. “The best regimen is to keep moving! Never stop working, travelling and seeking adventure. Drink plenty of water, limit alcohol and sugar and get to your yoga class!”
& Marilyn Quotes
"Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle."