Monday 8 April 2013

BECAUSE IT'S MONDAY...DRESSING THE BUMP

BUMP!

Making me smile, non-maternity wear that rocks!
Yes, that's right, after a wicked weekend of action, I can truly say I'm rather pleased with myself.  I've been schlepping around in jersey layers all winter in muted shades of blah, so when we finally had a sunnyish weekend I got my mama-to-be style mojo on.

NO BUMP! Tilly Floral skulls top by Boohoo.com
Tortoise shell frame glasses by firmoo.com

This top simply rocks on so many levels - i'll be able to wear it after I've had bubs,  it's jersey on the front with floral skull print on the back - so basically it's comfy and casual from the front, but p-a-r-t-y in the back! Woohoo! Oh and it's totally purse-friendly! I really haven't had the urge to splurge on maternity clothing, seriously who wants to throw money away on something you'll wear for a hort period of time? My other issue is that I've found most things to be stripes (I do love stripes, but I mean how much wider do they want us to look?), too mumsy chic or poor in fit & lacking in style...
At 33 weeks getting away with non maternity wear is tricky, the bump is massive now and it may be a little too cold still to hot foot it out in a loose column style maxi', however, they're great for throwing a chunky longline open cardi over the top, belted above the bump.

I've kept tops long and loose and if there's a tunic with an empire waist even better, like this retro printed one I scored recently by legendary Barbara Hulanicki for George. Great for emphasising bump!
Printed Barbara Hulanicki jersey dress via here. The image doesn't really much justice i'm afraid!

Other stylish ladies with bumps!
The look on the left is pure fashion week fabulousness, I don't think i'd last that long in heels, but she looks super wow! Love Nicoles look, I'm looking forward to putting my printed kimono tops to use when it's much warmer!
Is this not the cutest LBD ever? Also loving the casual jeans and tee look with a fur gilet.
Images via pinterest edited by me.

Have a happy Monday & sparkly week!
x.o.x.o
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...