Monday 11 July 2011

Scent-sational smells pour homme

With my 5th year anniversary creeping up in the upcoming weeks, a boat load of memories came flooding back. I'll never forget the smell of (tequila gold and) the very first time I met Mr. Perseus. In short, he just smelt plain sexy, daring if not bold and now, that scent has been embedded firmly into my brain for many years to come.


He wore Versace Man, a cologne that is relatively rare to find these days, since it's launch in 2003. He's been wearing it forever, which is why I think it smells like him, or rather, the scent belongs perfectly to him. Sadly, it's been discontinued (WHY???), but there are still some places which stock this amazing scent online. This delicious scent possesses a blend of neroli, bergamot, florals, and black pepper. The middle notes include, cardamom, saffron. The base notes are tobacco, amber, casmir & labdanum. (I don't have a clue what some of these notes are but still, they're like the important ingredients to a magic spell, cooking up in a cauldron). Smells, scents trigger memories and are incredibly integral to our lives, because science says so.

So, to mark our 5th Anniversary, one of the things I wanted to do was to pick out a new cologne for him. I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding what that's going to be since there are just dozens of aftershaves/colognes out there.


Catch my whiff?



I did have a look-see and sniff out some scents, which smelt pretty alluring:

  • Prada - Infusion D'homme. A gorgeous distinctive scent. I have the Prada Infusion De Fleur D'Oranger, which also has notes of neroli.
  • Dolce & Gabbana - The One. I love this sensual scent, which has notes of tabacco, orange blossom-clearly something i'm obsessed with and cardamon.
  • Gucci Guilty pour homme - There's something that draws me to this scent, it's quite woody and clean.
Decisions, decisions... So, luvvies, any suggestions here? I'd love to hear about what scent drives you crazy on a guy!

Have a Happy Monday and terrific, if not mind-blowing week!
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...