Friday 16 March 2012

Mullet Dress Madness: The Hi-Lo hemline

 Giambattista Valli Fall 11 Haute Couture via Vogue.it

Mullet madness is more mainstream than ever and I'm not talking about the haircut. There are numerous retailers selling "hi-lo", "Mullet" hemline dresses and more & more designers (including Bridal) playing with this tail gown. I never did really get the "business in the front, party in the back"
remark, as surely the shorter front is all about the party? Oh well, someone please explain!
Not everyone approves of this trend either, only a few days ago, Hollywood stylist Lauren Messiah declares "Lose the mullet skirt – the one that’s shorter at the front and longer at the back. That was a very short-lived trend." via Marie Claire.

With wedding fever just around the corner, I've been keeping an eagle eye for something a little different, in a bold colour and a delicate, flowing fabric, however... I'm not sure this style is it. What do you think of the "mullet/hi-lo" hemline? Discuss!

  
Balmain was way ahead of the game with this Fall 2009 rtw show stopper via style.com

Zuhair Murad 's white blingy number.

Blake Lively has been snapped wearing this mullet style on more than occasion, via tumblr.

Mullet dresses: Most definitely more striking in a light-weight satin, silk or sheer chiffon. Some high street number's I found perfect for summer days!
I love how this girl - Annabelle Fleur styled her LOVE label dress - also available via Topshop and RARE. Style with a simple statement necklace, belt and fierce heels!

via boohoo.com (international delivery available, check site)


 
(New Look dress  - international delivery available)

Anyhoos, I'm quite excited about the prospect of a few summer weddings, since the past 5 i've been to have been winter weddings. I'll probably get to wear my cobalt multi convertible dress at least on one occasion.

Soooo, it's Friday, I've been a little loca loca busy this week and i'll only have Sunday to rest a little... but least I'll be able to catch up with you guys.
I'm a little peeved that I've managed to catch a cold just as Fashion Week (Athens Exclusive Designers Week) is about to start tomorrow. Let's hope Lempsip works it's magic. What are your weekend plans? Whatever you do, have a fantastic time!
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...