Tuesday 13 July 2010

NEWSFLASH: Tavi the blogger now a stylist?!

I'm sure by now most of you know who this young lady is right? Tavi Gevinson of Style Rookie is one successful blogger to say the least...and only 14! I read something this morning that is likely to have tongues wagging and eyes rolling for sure!

Grazia announced that that Tavi is now a stylist! Yup... she's been commissioned to style a shoot for the US mag BlackBook for their September issue... with absolutely no (professional) experience! Interesting...

I couldn't help but notice Grazia's voice/tone in their article... Perhaps it had something to do with Paula Reed, their Fashion Ed being sat behind Tavi and posting this pic.

Tweeted pic by Paula Reed of Grazia at the Dior Show in Jan 2010

For the full Grazia article click here and what NY mag had to say about Tavi's styling experience.

I know, this post is kinda out of my usual blog context but I do love a good discussion.
I have to ask the same question too -
Is it even legal for a 14 year old to be working (with the exception of paper boy, cafe jobs)? In the UK, you must be the minimum age of 16 and have a National Insurance Number (for tax purposes).

Anyhow, I can't wait to see the shoot & see what she pulled!


Images and source via Grazia
Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...